All versionsSee all
WordWeb is a very helpful program that comes in handy whenever you're writing a dissertation, presentation for a business meeting or even a novel. The main purpose of this application is to provide you with assistance in case you're worried about misspelling or whenever you need to find a synonym for a certain word.
A good thing about using this program is that it comes with plenty types of English dictionaries (International, Ireland, Australia, Britain, etc.) and you can select in which reference to look for words explanations. Unfortunately, you can't select to use more than one dictionary at a time.
I like the fact that for each search query, WordWeb offers complete word definitions and pronunciations. In addition to this, if you're connected to the Internet, the application brings you detailed word explanations from major websites, such as Wikipedia, Wiktionary, etc.
Another great advantage of using this program is that you can save the search queries in case you plan to use them later on.
Unfortunately, in order to have access to all WordWeb features, you need to upgrade to Pro version. The price is reasonable though.
To conclude, WordWeb is a smart solution for checking spell errors in your text documents as well as for searching for word explanations and pronunciations.
- Intuitive interface
- Performs fast and accurate searches
- Offers you audio pronunciation for any word
- You can save search queries as bookmarks
- Looks for words in different English dictionaries (International, Ireland, etc.)
- You can't look for words in more than one dictionary
- In order to gain access to all its features, you need to upgrade to Pro version